The National Association of Travel Agencies in Romania was established on the 24th of September 1990, through the civil judgment 2078.
The committee initiative – the General Assembly for the establishment of the National Association of Travel Agencies – held on the 25th of August 1990, included:
- Burcea Alin – Paralela 45, Bucharest
- Gaină Cornel – Simpaturism – Nouvelles Frontieres, Bucharest
- Cojocărescu Ioan – Mara Tours & Travel, Bucharest
- Mateescu Valentin – Gerotour, Bucharest
- Pârvulescu Constantin – Romned Consilia
- Georgescu Iulian- Legal Adviser Ministry of Tourism
- Alexandru Popa- first NATA treasurer
- Cojocărescu Marian- Mara Tours&Travel
- Grigorescu Lucian- Paralela 45
The name of the association is changed to the National Association of Travel Agencies in Romania in June 1991 and in February 2006 it becomes NATA Employers Association, which aims to represent the professional interests of its members.